Learn how to use SMART Notebook and an Interactive Whiteboard more effectively. Experience student centered activities that can be used immediately in your curriculum. Install SMART Notebook software on your desktop computer and/or laptop, and you can then prepare lessons anywhere. Take away ideas for how to incorporate SMART Notebook lessons with your existing curriculum with only a minimal amount of preparation.
(5 min) Welcome and Overview
About this site: http://tinyurl.com/smarteths
(10 min) Overview of SMART Notebook, Tools
(15 min) Phase I: Creating Notebook Files with Existing Lessons
(15 min) Phase II: Reteaching with Existing Notebook Files
(15 min) Phase III: Modifying with Bells and Whistles
(30 min) Hands-On/Brainstorm/Discussion
(5 min) Feedback
1) Play around with SMART Notebook
2) Brainstorm organization system for Notebook files.
3) Setup planning time with David for initial attempt(s).
4) Design a lesson that integrates the SMARTboard and improves your classroom instruction.
5) Deliver lesson: David will lead, co-teach, and/or support as needed.
6) Modify lesson during additional periods if possible/needed.
7) Share lesson with other teachers.